The 6th Harbourfront Bike Ride
Enabling the Harbourfront
這是免費公眾活動!!! THIS EVENT IS FREE OF CHARGE!
你不必是一個「發燒友」或經常騎單車者 – 歡迎來一同享受在我們美麗的海濱踏單車。
The next Harbourfront Bike Ride, in support of the Harbourfront Cycleway, is on:
18 January 2014
Meet from 12 noon; ride briefing 1.30pm
Ride starts: 2.00pm.
From: Kennedy Town (exact details soon)
You don’t have to be a ‘keen’ or regular cyclist – just would like to be able to enjoy our wonderful harbour on a bike.
Bikes available to rent!
Please share this with all of your friends, family, lovers and work colleagues. Post in on your FB page, message them, email them, phone them ask them – hey you could even talk to them, just mark down this cycling appointment on 18 January 2014.
Ride details :
Start point :- Sai Ning Street, Temporary Recreation Ground, Kennedy Town
[google-map-v3 width=”700″ height=”350″ zoom=”16″ maptype=”ROADMAP” latitude=”22.28186″ longitude=”114.12080″ showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false” maptypecontrol=”false” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true”]
Destination:- Sai Wan Ho Harbour Park
[google-map-v3 width=”700″ height=”350″ zoom=”16″ maptype=”ROADMAP” latitude=”22.28706″ longitude=”114.22324″ showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false” maptypecontrol=”false” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true”]
13:00 – Rental bikes – collect and test.
13:30 – Cyclists gather, view Exhibition of Cycleway Alignment Proposal at Sai Ning Street, Temporary Recreation Ground, Kennedy Town
14:00 – Press and participant briefing
14:30 – Depart from Kennedy Town Temporary Recreation Ground
15:00 – Deliver petition at new Government offices
16:00 – second stop, just past North Point Ferry Piers
17:00 – Arrive at Sai Wan Ho Harbour Park
As on all the previous rides, we will follow a route that keeps as close to the harbour as possible. This year has a few changes, such as the new Lung Wo Road from Tamar to Fenwick Pier. (It’s nearer to the harbour than the old road. )
This route identified will be used for the communication with police force and in the marshal rehearsal with them. A final ride route will be announced shortly before the ride date. The marshal team will also be guiding you along the whole journey for any help you need.
Bikes are allowed on Tung Chung line, East Rail and Ma On Shan Line. It’s safest with the wheel on; if you are asked to take it off, maybe explain that.
On West Rail, you take your chances. This is wrong and bad and unfair, and HKCAll is working hard to reverse it as soon as possible.
Bikes on the underground lines are mostly ok in normal times, though probably not actually allowed. (Move smoothly and courteously, and take your helmet off.) However with so many cyclists around, MTR staff may be alert and stop you. Only try it if you are ready to have that discussion.
If you will be cycling home after the ride, you’ll need lights. Sunset is 6pm, and police will likely stop you if you are not illuminated.
* 當日租車費每架HK$200 (HK$100 租車、後勤支援及運輸費，HK$100租車按金（可於還
Want to participate, but without a bicycle?
Bike rental (limited supply).
* a charge of HK$200 per bicycle ($100 for bicycle rental, logistical support and transportation costs, $100 rental deposit (refundable at the return of the bicycle). Pick up the bicycle at the starting point and return if at the end of the ride or halfway.
* Please deposit HK$200 per bicycle into HSBC Account: 607 133063 888 by 3rd January. Send an email with a copy of the bank receipt and full name(s) of the rider(s) to: email@example.com. We will send you a confirmation. (Thanks Andrew Brill for making his account available)
Please note that only holders of a “bicycle reservation confirmation” can take a bicycle. Rental requests on the day cannot be met. Please understand.
By law, children under 11 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
For all other enquiries about the event, please email: HarbourFrontBikeRide6@gmai
Initiated and organised by:
* SportSoho – www.sportsoho.com
* Designing Hong Kong – http://www.designinghongko
Give your time:
Note: Can you help with preparation and/or on the event day? We are looking for extra team members!
* Promotion: online: cycling community on Facebook, public forums, or any other channel to tell everyone about the event), poster display (help to deliver and display posters in bike shops all over HK)
* 20 event management crew at start and end sites (for venue set-up, rental bike distribution/ collecting, crowd managing ….)
* Marshals (requirement: can ride a bike competently; some common sense)
* Van driver with van to provide road support for the ride
CAMPAIGN LAST UPDATE:
Urban planning case study of Bike Lane proposal along Hong Kong Island coastline
Campaign photo archive: https://www.facebook.com/
JOINT CAMPAIGN on Facebook:
‘A Green Harbourfront Cycle Path for Hong Kong Island’
History of the Harbourfront Bike Ride for Pollution Free Hong Kong:
2007 – First ride :
2008 – Second ride:
2008 – Third ride:
Campaign ‘Burn Fat, Not Oil’ for Pollution Free Hong Kong’ page:
2010 – Fourth ride:
Feb-12 The 4th Harbourfront Bike Ride for Pollution Free Hong Kong:
YouTube link : http://m.youtube.com/#/res
For all enquiries about the event, please email: HarbourFrontBikeRide6@gmai